AllTheGhosts...

DREAM/ LO ST/ ART

Monday 23 March 2009

Things I Like That Go Together

One of my favourite novels - Girlfriend In A Coma by Douglas Coupland. A lot darker and far more sobering than his other books I only discovered it when browsing in my local charity bookshop. There is one part in particular, where everyone starts falling asleep for no apparent reason. A significant point is when this happens in a supermarket, which I found stark, memorable, and disturbing. Something Emily Haines pulls off in her debut album Knives Don't Have Your Back. I'm not sure if the followibg video for Doctor Blind was inspired by this - it is likely a coincidence. But still, it strikes a chord and bears a certain similarity.




1 comment:

Nina Jørgensen said...

thanks for passing by and following!