AllTheGhosts...

DREAM/ LO ST/ ART

Monday 5 October 2009

#99, One more, and to the next 100

I started this blog in August last year. This is the 99th post.

Looking back, it feels a bit weird. If I knew what I'd be doing right now, I would have laughed at myself, and even felt a little shame.
Life is so ordinary, isn't it?

I hope my writing has improved. F&#@ that, I know it has. That was the point, and I have tried not to lose sight of that. At a few points I did. This time last year I stopped blogging altogether, between the start of October and mid December, and then again until January. I blamed writer's block.

There is no such thing.

I now update on a regular basis and each time, I try to push myself a little further up the hill. The funny thing about hills is, of course, that gravity wins when you're too tired. I think I understand Sisyphus a little better now.

His problem was that he was too proud. I have next to none. So I will keep writing, because I have nothing left to lose.

Over the past year I have started two novels, ditched one and now I'm diving back into the second. Maybe by next year I'll have finished it. Whatever happens, these words will feel strange by then.

Up next is a short story I thought I hadn't finished. Why should I let it waste away amongst endless tweaking?

Shed your pride, and you'll stand a little taller.

1 comment:

TRJ said...

I'm glad I came across your blog.

I think the whole 'fifty words' thing is pretty smart. I'm not going to say that I've read all of your posts, but I've read the majority of the 'fifty words' ones.

Please continue! =]